Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) Establishing International Research Laboratories in the Republic of Uzbekistan
Country of Destination: Global
Organizer: Ministry of Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Posting Date: 10 July 2019
Deadline for Submission of EOI: 10 August 2019
I. General Information
The Ministry of Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan hereby invites qualified organizations (research centers, universities, companies etc.) and/or researchers to submit their expression of interest (EOI) for the establishing an International Research Laboratory (IRL). EOI necessarily should include foreign partners (research laboratories, universities, centers of excellence) and R&D centers aimed at introducing the impacts into the real sector of the economy of Uzbekistan. Aim should be directed to achieve the target indicators of the Strategy for Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
II. Main Objectives
The overall objectives of the assignment are:
- Establishment of a modern research infrastructure, which has no analogues in the Republic of Uzbekistan, in the priority areas of science and technology;
- Identification of research teams capable of proposing projects, the successful implementation of which directly contributes to improving the competitiveness of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Development of the real sector of the economy of Uzbekistan, in particular at the sub-national level, through the introduction of new technologies and the development of innovations;
- Stimulation of the development of international cooperation in science, technology and innovation;
- Formation of human, material and intellectual potential of the new model, necessary to achieve the target indicators of the Strategy for Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
III. Requirements for Applicants
EOI will be accepted from research teams with two co-leaders:
1) Co-leader - a compatriot (of Uzbekistan) with a PhD degree, Candidate of Sciences or Doctor of Science, who works in a leading foreign laboratory, research center or university;
2) Co-leader - a leading foreign scientist with a PhD degree, working in a leading foreign laboratory, research center or university.
Each co-leader should have experience in managing major scientific programs and / or projects (at least 5 years), experience of international cooperation and publications in foreign scientific journals with a high impact factor.
IV. Selection Procedure
At the first stage, the Ministry of Innovative Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan invites EOI from all who are interested in participating in the competition. The EOI is accepted until August 10th, 2019. The EOI should include but not limited to:
- A brief description of the proposed R&D program to be conducted in the IRL. A justification of the relevance and practical relevance of the proposed program should be provided;
- Prospective partner from among the leading foreign laboratories, R&D centers and universities;
- Prospective partner from among companies / enterprises of Uzbekistan who is ready to co-finance the proposed R&D program;
- The list of main equipment necessary to establish the IRL;
- Indicative figures of financial resources required for R&D and the IRL.
At the second stage, a “short list” of applicants will be formed, to which a request for the submission of full proposals will be sent. Full proposals should include:
- Detailed work plan for R&D for five years;
- The list of necessary scientific laboratory and other equipment necessary to perform R&D;
- A full list of scientific personnel who will be mobilized for the entire duration of the R&D;
- Expected results with a detailed description and plan for their implementation in the real sector of the economy of Uzbekistan;
- Description of the main expected sciencemetrics, including the number of published articles in foreign journals included in the Web of Science database, the number of patents and licenses, the number of trained young scientists (PhD and postdocs), etc.;
- Financial and economic calculations of funds required for R&D and establishment of the IRL.
For applicants included in the “short list”, full Tender Documentation will be provided, which will include the deadline for filing an application, application requirements, selection criteria and other information.
V. Deadline for Submission
The EOI is accepted until 18:00 (Tashkent time) on August 10th, 2019 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Expression of Interest / International Labs”.
VI. Contact Information
Refer all questions, and send all proposal materials to:
Address: 1 T.Shevchenko street,
Tashkent city 100060,
The Republic of Uzbekistan